The Chinese manufacturer ZTE announced its latest addition is the ZTE nubia Z17 in Beijing. This phone comes with the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset and whooping 8 GB RAM along with 128 GB storage.
The nubia Z17 is only the second phone by a Chinese manufacturer to pack the Snapdragon 835 SoC after the Xiaomi Mi 6. The 23 MP + 12 MP camera combo supports 2x optical zoom and up to 10x Dynamic zoom, just like the iPhone 7 Plus. The selfie snapper is 16 MP with f/2.0 aperture and 80-degree wide-angle lens.
The device runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Nubia UI 5.0 on top. It has a feature called NeoPower 3.0, dedicated to suspend background processes and to give the 3,200 mAh battery up to two days of usage with one charge. Thanks to Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 4+, the power cell can be charged from 0% to 50% in just 25 minutes.
ZTE nubia Z17 features & specifications
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Nubia UI 5.0
- 5.5 inch full-HD 1080p resolution display.
- 8 GB RAM along with 128 GB storage.
- The rear camera comes with 23 MP + 12 MP camera combo supports 2x optical zoom and up to 10x Dynamic zoom, just like the iPhone 7 Plus.
- The selfie snapper is 16 MP with f/2.0 aperture and 80-degree wide-angle lens.
- 3200 mAh non-removable battery with Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 4+
ZTE nubia Z17 Pricing & Availability
There are five color options – Black and Gold, Black, Gold, Red, and Blue. The version with 6 GB RAM + 64 GB storage will cost you CNY2,799 ($411), the one with 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage is CNY3,399 ($499) while the top-end 8 GB RAM version is CNY3,999 or $583.