The Xiaomi launched the Redmi 4 smartphone in India starting Rs. 6999 last month. It went on sale for the first time in India exclusively on Amazon.in and Mi.com. Xiaomi today said that it sold more than 250,000 units within 8 minutes the sale started on Amazon.in and Mi.com today noon. This is the third time the company has sold over 250,000 units of Redmi smartphones in the country within minutes on a single day.
The Xiaomi Redmi 4 will be available for buying at a starting price of Rs 6,999 for the 2GB RAM and 16GB memory version going all the way to Rs 10,999 for the top end 4GB RAM and 64GB memory version. The Redmi 4 will also be available in 3GB RAM and 32GB memory version for Rs 8,999.
Xiaomi Redmi 4 features & specifications:
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) based MIUI 8
- 5-inch HD 2.5D curved glass display.
- 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera
- Powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 SoC
- 4100mAh non-removable battery